Admission profiles

  • Bachelor or Master in Architecture.
  • Bachelor or Master in Urban Planning, Building Technology, Building Engineering, Civil Engineering, and equivalent qualifications.
  • Bachelor or Master in Geography, Sociology, Social and Cultural Anthropology and Biology. These profiles may require additional training.
  • Other qualifications may be admitted depending on the training, experience, and motivation proven by the applicant.


Pre-enrolment will be open from mid march to end june. Applicants should register and complete the online application form, pay a pre-enrolment fee of €30.21, and upload the required scanned documents before the deadline:

  • diploma and academic record/transcript (with certified translations when originals are not in Spanish)
  • specific motivation letter
  • curriculum vitae
  • digital portfolio
  • ID card or passport
  • english certification B2 level minimum
  • other documents you consider appropiate (recomendation letter, other certificates, ...)

The Academic Committee meets monthly, from mid-April onwards, to decide on applications in order of arrival. Applicants receive an email notifying the resolution. It is also available on the same pre-enrolment application. Admission is conditional until the veracity of the academic data provided is verified during the enrolment process.

Some scholarships require a pre-admission letter before the application can be accepted. If so, please indicate both the information to be included in the letter and the submission deadline in the application form.


ETSA Vallès – Sant Cugat Campus


Selection criteria

An Academic Committee evaluates each application according to the academic record (45%) and establishes weightings based on personal motivation (20%), professional experience (20%), applicant's training (10%), and proficiency in English (5%).
The final admission is conditioned to sufficiency in English, wich will be proved by an official accreditation degree and/or a personal interview.

Once admitted, the candidate should accept the resolution in the pre-enrolment application and pay the €300 fee, following the instructions indicated in the email. This amount will be deducted from the registration fee once it has been formalised. With the admission document, non-EU students can apply for residence and a study visa.


Enrolment will be online.
After enrolment you will be requested to provide all the original documentation uploaded to the pre-enrolment application, duly legalised if applicable. All documents issued in non-EU countries must be legalised and bear the corresponding apostille. Academic certificates issued in a different language must be officially translated into Spanish. 

To submit the original documentation, you must make an appointment to the administrative office and provide:

  1. Original of your identity document
  2. Original and photocopy of the homologation credential, if applicable
  3. Original and photocopy of the title
  4. Personal academic certification (original or certified photocopy) showing the subjects taken with the grades and the number of credits / hours of each and information on the grading system applied
  5. Certificate of equivalence of average grades of university studies carried out abroad issued by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport. Its processing is online and free of charge. More information on the MECD website

When you finally arrive at the UPC:

If you are a foreigner, visit the International Students Office (OMI) of the UPC to legalise your academic stay:

  • If you are an EU national: you will need to register with the EU Nationals Register.

  • If you are a non-EU national: you must check the status of your visa with the International Students Office. In the case of long-stay visas, you will need to do this as soon as you arrive in Spain.

  • If you are a non-EU national who has been studying in another EU country and need to apply for a student visa on arrival: you must go to the International Students Office, where they will assist you and send your documents to the corresponding government office in Barcelona to start off the application process.

At the OMI, you will be given information on important aspects of life in Catalonia (accommodation, Catalan language courses, student insurance, etc.)